Skip to navigation  |   Skip to content Gray Theme Black Theme
minus Reset plus
Screen Reader
Drugs Control Department
Satyendar Jain
Frequently Ask Question
Frequently Asked Questions



What is the Jurisdiction of the Drugs Control Deptt. of Delhi?

The Drugs Control Department deals with the matters relating to Delhi State only, which is also known as National Capital Territory of Delhi.


Where licences to manufacture Drugs can be granted?

The licences to manufacture Allopathic Drugs/Homoeopathic medicines and also to repack Drugs can be granted only in the recognised Industrial Areas of Delhi.


Where licences to manufacture Cosmetics can be granted?

Licence to manufacture Cosmetics can be granted only in Industrial areas w.e.f. 01/01/2000


Which licence is required for sale of household medicine?

Licences in Form 20-A/21-A are required for the sale of restricted Drugs commonly used as household Remedies. For sale of such drugs, services of registered pharmacist and prescription of Doctor (RMP) are not required.


What are the main requirements for obtaining Retail Sales Drug Licences for the Chemist shop?

The applicant firm should have adequate premises of an area of not less than 10 sqr. mtrs., equipped with proper storage facilities for preserving the properties of drugs and are in charge of a Registered pharmacist with Delhi Pharmacy Council.


What are the main requirements for obtaining wholesale Drugs Licences?

The Applicant firm should have adequate premises of an area of not less than 10 sqr. mtrs and are in charge of a Competent Person who is a Registered Pharmacist/who has passed Matriculation or its equivalent with four year’s experience in dealing with Drugs or who holds a degree of a recognized university with one year’s experience in dealing with Drugs.


What is the minimum area and height of the premises required for retail cum wholesale licences?

The premises should be of an area of not less than 15 sqr. mtrs.


What is the minimum height of the premises required for Retail Sale / Wholesale/ Retail cum Wholesale sale licences?

The height of the premises should be according to the Departmental Policy dated 15-12-2003.


What should be location of the premises for grant of sale licences?

Licences for the sale of drugs can be granted in the commercial premises or other premises independent of residence.


What is a Loan Licence?

It is the licence issued to an applicant who does not have his own arrangement for manufacture but who intends to avail of the manufacturing facilities owned by another licensee.


Where to make complaint about quality of Drugs and other violations?

Written complaint about doubtful quality of Drugs can be made to the Drugs Control Department, Govt. of N.C.T. of Delhi, at F-17, Karkardooma, Shahdara, Delhi-32 indicating name and address of the complainant,name and other particulars of the Drug under complaint and nature of complaint.


Where more information about the various provisions can be obtained?

Detailed information about various provisions of the law can be obtained from the Drugs & Cosmetics Act, 1940 & rules there under which is available in the market. Information can also be sought in person from the duty officer of the department.

Latest News
Bullets Image Empanelment of Retired Officers as Inquiring Authority
Bullets Image Pension Adalat Notice
Bullets Image Notice and Draft orders for revision in norms for implementation of Tree transplantation policy for Delhi
Bullets Image Policy on Removal of Unauthorized Advertisements/Hoardings and Enforcement 0f Delhi Prevention oOf Defacement of Property Act, 2007
Bullets Image Vacancy in FSL

National Voters Service Portal
Local Services
Important Links
Drugs Control Department Govt of NCT of Delhi
Last Updated : 30 Jan,2020